Power Utility Engineer
The Energy and Security Group (ESG) is looking to hire an experienced Power Utility Engineer with strong quantitative and analysis skills to support US Government clients domestically and abroad. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered. Work will be performed at the ESG office in Reston, VA.
- Lead activities for planning, design, development, and implementation of electric utility related projects in domestically and internationally focused on power generation, transmission, or distribution.
- Lead the development of resource assessments, utility management and operation due-diligence, utility performance assessment, feasibility studies, technology. evaluations, market assessments, policy evaluations, and economic analyses in electricity sector.
- Prepare technical and management reports, presentations, and participate in conferences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the electricity sector, especially in utility management, operation, and maintenance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Power Systems or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in the implementation of power generation, transmission, or distribution technologies.
- Experience in implementing improvements in utility operations, including electricity loss reduction strategies, outages reduction, quality improvements, etc.
- Understanding of power systems analysis and modeling.
- Understanding of technical, commercial and financial operations of electricity sector entities in generation, transmission and distribution.
- Experience in leading or managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical studies and reports.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
- MS or PhD in degree in Electrical or Power System Engineering.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Integration of renewable energy generation
- Power System Stability and Control and Energy /Management Systems.
- Power Sector investment planning
- Integrated Resource Planning
- Demand-side management
- Technical and non-technical loss reduction
- Net metering and smart grid
- Experience in developing countries.
ESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity in our work force. ESG does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.