Distributed Renewable Energy Engineer
The Energy and Security Group (ESG) is looking to hire an experienced Distributed Renewable Energy (DRE) Engineer with strong quantitative and analysis skills to support US Government clients domestically and abroad. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Work will be performed at the ESG office in Reston, VA or remotely.
- Conduct engineering and technical analyses for distributed renewable energy systems, including mini-grids and Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
- Interact with clients, utilities, developers, or other stakeholders to determine the technical and commercial feasibility of different energy projects.
- Make recommendations and provide advice on DRE system development and optimization.
- Develop conceptual design, one-line diagrams.
- Develop cost estimates and equipment specifications for DRE projects
- Serve as project manager for assigned client projects.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience in the electricity sector with renewable energy technologies.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Experience with Photovoltaic (PV) solar and BESS projects.
- Experience with mini-grids, smart grid, controls systems, grid security.
- Experience leading or managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical studies and reports.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- MS or PhD in degree in Electrical or Power System Engineering or a related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Experience with conducting power flow studies using power system software such Homer or other simulation software.
- Experience in developing countries.
ESG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and celebrates diversity in our work force. ESG does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.